Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year...ya Wild Animal

One of my favorite Christmas movies is Home Alone. The first one. This kid just cracks me up. What really amazes me is what he is able to do at 8 years old. MY children would never have dreamed up half the stuff he does at that age. It would be more accurate in my family if they were teenagers and having a war with burglars. I can see it now...LOL.
I don't know why he is so drawn to the old movies of gangsters...but it seems to serve him well. I figured the little expression used by the old man in both movies worked well here too. All of us have animal natures inside. They are either tamed or wild...or should I say domestic or not? grin. But the point is, most of the time, New Years is celebrated by the wild animals.
This is going to be a strange year for me...I have lots I'm planning on doing. How about you? lots of New Year resolutions? I stopped making resolutions a long time ago. I make goals as I need them through the year. I have enough to deal with without the thought that I have some yearly goal hanging over my head.
So...I'm wishing you a Happy New Year...and I hope you are able to accomplish all you want...you wild animal, you!

No comments: