Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fools Started 2 Months Ago

In listening to all the various comments of the past couple of months since the new president has been in office, it feels like every day is April Fools day. Doesn't it to you? Don't you feel like you'll wake up in the morning and it will all be a bad dream?

The latest in this stream of Foolish Days...is the whole bit about the bonuses given to AIG. In retrospect, it's not their fault. The bonuses were written into the contract with the government in the bailout package. So why is the government now throwing a fit and asking these people to give the money back?? They knew about it in the first place.

It's getting to where I don't recognize the government that is in place. I'm afraid of what my children are going to grow up in, and I don't know that the world is going to think any better of us.

Let's face it...this great nation of ours is suffering, and the answer is not what's being done for it. There needs to be a change of heart, a change of leadership and an influx of patriotism.

We are currently free -- but I'm not sure how long that will last. I pray that as long as possible.

No comments: