Tuesday, February 07, 2006

greetings from the land of stupid

Well...I decided that I needed a blog to get stupid thoughts out of my head. I realize that no one is probably going to be interested in those thoughts...but here they are. I also decided that this needed to be done separately form my other blog because they are different thoughts....
My main gripe today is a situation going on in my state legislature. (sorry about spelling...I didn't get straight A's - this isn't called stupid thoughts for nothing...;)
They are voting to undo a bill they passed that allows the 'undocumented' youth to pay for college as living in the state. All the 'undocumented' kids are all upset about this - how can they afford to go now, etc.
Well....I have news for you. Get Documentation! Why should you have all the rights and privileges of a citizen of this state and country if you don't want to go through the legal channels? Now, granted, you might have been brought here by your parents and didn't know you weren't documented until entering college...although I think somewhere in high school that should have been made known to you... But you know, while I am glad you are seeking to get a higher education, and that you don't have a lot of money, neither do my own children. They are going to have to apply for grants and aid and work their way through college...what makes you any different from them? Besides the fact that they were born here, that is...

Just my rant for the day.

No comments: